Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Worship: 12 Noon
Reading: John 12:20-36

I have no wit, no words, no tears;
            My heart within me like a stone
Is numbed too much for hopes or fears;
            Look right, look left, I dwell alone;
I lift mine eyes, but dimmed with grief
            No everlasting hills I see;
My life is in the falling leaf:
            O Jesus, quicken me.

My life is like a faded leaf,
            My harvest dwindled to a husk;
Truly my life is void and brief
            And tedious in the barren dusk;
My life is like a frozen thing,
            No bud nor greenness can I see:
Yet rise it shall - the sap of Spring;
            O Jesus, rise in me.
                        Christina Rossetti (1830-1894), "A Better Resurrection"    


  • Learn how to say “thank you” in a new language.

No comments:

Post a Comment