Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - Maundy Thursday

Thursday, March 24, 2016 - Maundy Thursday (from “Mandare” – to command) First Day of Triduum (Three Days)
Worship: 12 Noon & 7 pm
Commemoration of Oscar Romero, archbishop and martyr, 1980
Jewish Festival of Purim
Reading: John 13:1-17, 31b-35

Love bade me welcome: yet my soul drew back,
                        Guiltie of dust and sinne.
But quick-ey'd Love, observing me grow slack
                        From my first entrance in,
Drew nearer to me, sweetly questioning,
                        If I lack'd anything.

A guest, I answer'd, worthy to be here:
                        Love said, You shall be he.
I the unkind, ungratefull? Ah my deare,
                        I cannot look on thee.
Love took my hand and smiling did reply,
                        Who made the eyes but I?

Truth Lord, but I have marr'd them: let my shame
                        Go where it doth deserve.
And know you not, says Love, who bore the blame?   
                        My deare, then I will serve.
You must sit down, says Love, and taste my meat:
                        So I did sit and eat.
                                    George Herbert (1593-1633), "Love (III)"


  • Clean out a closet. Give away what you don’t need.

No comments:

Post a Comment